Search This Blog

Sep 26, 2011

Sound desk

Hi Lads n Lass’

I’m sorry chaps I’ve had to make a few more changes to fill the blank sound desk spaces. I can’t have a scenario where someone sees an empty desk and tries to help, I know they have the best intentions but it’s too late to make when we’re serving.

Like yesterday, it’s so off putting, it puts me out of my happy place when the sound isn’t quite right and then I don’t feel “myself” if I can put it like that.

So, Fransie , Christel and Abrie have one less off slot for now.

Now don’t worry, all we really need is eye contact with the person there during the item or the first song I will communicate basically if the main monitor volume must be louder or softer.

To try accommodate the loss of ‘off-slots’, the person on sound desk needn’t be there on Thursday night, but they’re obviously welcome to still join us, but if they could be there Sunday at 9 for a final sound check, that should be enough, since we can get it to a reasonably acceptable state amongst ourselves during practice.

Please check our sound desk slot and see if you’re happy and please pretty please express any discontent so I can adjust it further. There needn’t be anyone unhappy, it’s not set in stone, it’s merely a guide line, and can of course be adjusted!

Thanks for all you guys contribute to this ministry of worship!!

We love you guys

 

PS: Sound-desk-basics legend;

1.       If the feedback/ distortion is a problem

2.       Adjust individual on-stage/ monitor volumes

3.       Adjust global on-stage/ monitor volume

4.       Mute each channel when Eben comes up

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evangelism Christian Blogs